Full stack Engineer
We are looking for a talented full stack engineer to write open source
applications on top of the Boomla platform.
Help users (non-techies and developers) create websites by providing them with
full applications and application building blocks.
At the same time, these applications will serve as an example codebase.
- Create Boomla compatible releases of popular open source CSS frameworks.
(Ensure they are properly scoped.)
- Create a number of widely used customizable applications, like navigation menus,
breadcrumbs, galleries, slideshows, etc. Define and document their HTML structures.
The purpose is the opposite of Bootstrap Components. You are writing dynamic
applications with a fixed HTML structure so that they can be restyled.
- Create a number of page layout as apps, which can be restyled.
Again, define and document their HTML structures.
- Create a number of themes which users can download and use.
Provide customization options, like changing color schemes, etc.
Meet most of the following:
- In depth knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Across browsers & platforms.
- Ability to write modular, well-structured, highly performant code.
- JS cross-browser testing experience.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors, like SASS, SCSS or LESS.
- Experience with Bootstrap, Foundation or other CSS frameworks.
- Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, OO design.
- Good understanding of code complexity, big O notation.
- Love TDD.
- Have an engineering background.
- Fluent English.
- Analytical mindset.
- Functional programming experience.
- Experience with Node.js, Babel.js, Webpack, Typescript.
- Experience with strongly typed languages, like Go, C/C++, C#, Java, etc.
- Experience with exotic programming languages, like Haskell, Lisp, Erlang, etc.
What makes Boomla stand out?
- Boomla has over 10 years of R&D behind it. It is a “well thought-out system”.
- Functional programming is spreading. Wherever it shows up, it quickly becomes
a best practice. A functional application platform greatly simplifies software
development, yet there are no solutions on the market. Let’s change that.
- The Boomla OS has a 130k+ lines, robust codebase (you will work on greenfield projets).
- As we are building a platform for the Web, you will build something your
friends and family can use.
- One feature of Boomla is building websites. Boomla makes websites faster and
100x cheaper to operate.
- Boomla passed a scalability audit.
Remote / on-site
Remote OK. We also have an office in Budapest.
How to apply
If interested, send your CV to tibor.halter@<this domain>.